need help to reformat w xp home

Discussion in 'Software' started by benji zeev, Jun 30, 2008.

1. benji zeev

benji zeev Private E-2

hi. please help. i need to reformat windows xp home and when i put the disk in and restart the computer it is supposed to let me reformat. tell me another way to approach formatting windows xp home.

thanx

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You may need if not done already to enter your BIOS and set the 1st Boot Device to CDROM and then reboot as it will allow you to boot to the XP cd in which the instructions here in picture format will allow you to follow the steps http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp ( print them out if needed )

Do also tell us what steps you have already taken as it will take the guess work out of what route we need to advise you on.

3. benji zeev

benji zeev Private E-2

hello.please help. i set the bios to boot from cd as first choice ,i put the cdrom in the cd drive and i rebooted.i get to the point where it asks me enter to continue set up r for repair and esc to exit. i am not successful to do any of these. i am left with just turning off the computer and starting from scratch. what now?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds