HP tablet / Vista Home Premium/AMD Turion ..SP1

Discussion in 'Software' started by sikvik, Jul 1, 2008.

1. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Got a SP1 Vista KB936330 awaiting installation. I recalll there being problems with SP1 on some computers. On the other hand this has arrived via auto update so shoud it be a problem?? I shall defer installation till advised by MG. Cheers..

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

The tablet belongs to my 9yr "old" daughter so if I goof up......I'm in the creek!!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Wow biggy and I wouldnt like to upset a 9yr old too, but its worth going to HP and following this advice http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01394456&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=3259108 ( Wouldnt say the BIOS update is a needed one, but check HP downloads for that model tablet for BIOS updates and what they fix ) also make sure all your security software is upto date before going with SP1, btu safest bet is that as its only just rolled out to you, your PC is fine.

Do backup important files, docs, images etc

I'm 3 for 3 on my home PCs with SP1 Vista and one was a HP/Compaq laptop, btu with best will in world something could go wrong, hope not but if Vista SP1 fails on install for some reason it from the tests I did rolls back to RTM until you make sure your PC has all updates, be that driver and software.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds