What's wrong

Discussion in 'Software' started by ellis902, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ellis902

ellis902 Private First Class

Hi,I hope this is the correct place to post this. The last couple of days most programmes are not loading, like MSN, games etc. When I load them they dont show up, I get onto Task Manager and then click Processes and they show up there but not on my screen... anybody know whats wrong?
    I see my System Idle Process is always over 95%
    My pc is dual core
    1gb ram
    256 graphic card
    500gb hd
    my pc isnt that bad....

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

System Idle Process is fine and normally at 90%+ if your PC is not doing much as its signifying that the PC is 95% idle in your case with only 5% being used with other processes.

However, possibles are malware so good to run the guide below, but first what security programs do you have installed as having say two antivirus scanners could cause your applications to not load or slow load, so please name what security applications you have installed?

When did this start happening? did you install anything new if so what?

Can you boot into safe mode ( F8 at boot ) and your applications work fine?

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. ellis902

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have AVG and SPYBOT, it only started happening the other day and I have not installed anything or downloaded anything. thanks

4. ellis902

also, when I log off it says programme not responding....

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There was a false positive in SpyBot the other day that has created problems in some peoples computers. Did you scan with SpyBot recently? Can you check if something called Hellzlittlespy, is in the vault?
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30132

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  6. ellis902

Thanks for the info, but how do i get into the vault?

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I don't know; I don't run SpyBot. You'll have to check the menus in the program.
    In CounterSpy, AVG and VIPRE there is always a way for me to see what it is the vault and also a way to remove it from the vault if it is a false positive.

8. ellis902

Cheers, but i've checked everywhere and i don't think spybot has a vault

9. ellis902

Anybody else have any ideas that could fix this problem? I've tried re-installing but still no luck. Just seems to be msn now. I cant believe my pc was working like a dream and after 2 month this is my 1st problem. Msn sometimes loads after 30 mins but sometimes it doesn't.... any ideas welcomed please.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds