Targus Mouse Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Geezer7348, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Geezer7348

Geezer7348 Private E-2

I'm needing some help locating a driver for the following mouse, the problem I am having is that the mouse which is a Targus AMU0802EUK (S/N 0709002019) is not being recognised on my desktop PC for some reason, when plugging the mouse into my laptop it finds the device no problem. I had a quick browse of the Targus download site but unless I have missed the listing I cannot see the driver listed.

Any idea's or anybody know where I can download the driver to put on my desktop PC as my current Serial mouse is dying a death at the moment.

Thanks!

2. Geezer7348

Geezer7348 Private E-2

3. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

it shouldn't matter. if the drivers are loaded by plugging in the mouse into the usb port then it should work on the desktop as well. - sos

4. Geezer7348

Geezer7348 Private E-2

Strange,

Thanks for that anyway, think I will buy another usb mouse and see if that makes any difference.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Check your Device Manager under Mice and Pointing Devices for any yellow ! marks, also if this is to be the only mouse your wishing to use on your desktop try uninstalling ( rightclick > uninstall ) any mouse driver found under Mice and Pointing Devices and then plug in your Targus mouse, may have conflicting driver.

6. Geezer7348

Geezer7348 Private E-2

Thanks for the advice Halo, I will give it a whirl and see how things go :)

7. Geezer7348

Geezer7348 Private E-2

http://www.tinypic.ws/viewer.php?file=wcyg9x62tkwqhbzwdvbi.jpg

Right, I am now home from work and have followed the stages as described by Halo, I noticed that the serial mouse was the one one listed although there was an unknown device also listed with an errorous sign, once I had clicked on that I realised it was the USB mouse I had been trying to install so I removed the device driver and then re-inserted my USB mouse. Once the mouse was plugged in the PC started searching for the drivers, eventually it came back with the following message as shown in my screenshot.

Any idea's?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  8. Geezer7348

Geezer7348 Private E-2

problem has now been sorted. If anybody else has had similar problems to myself here is the solution.

9. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

i'm glad you got it working. i guess it's bad on my part not asking what os you had to begin with (i tend to not think about vista)?? :eek: - sos

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds