Add and remove programs glitch.

Discussion in 'Software' started by midasaajad, Jul 1, 2008.

1. midasaajad

midasaajad Private E-2

Recently a virus corrupted my harddrive D: and now when i load Add and remove programs,the list never shows up,it just loads forever,i can keep it working 1 hour without no changes,the deal with my D: drive is that its totally corrupted,when i try to open it in my computer it wont,a error says its unacessable,its corrupted and unreadable,is there a way i can get my D: to work again at all?will a format help on it? and how will i get my Add and remove programs to work :/

2. Kaddock

Kaddock Private E-2

if your drive is corrupted in the file structure, a format will solve your problem, but if your drive has bad sectors, that is different. try using hdd regenerator to fix your bad sectors on the disk, i don't believe that you have to format to do this, can't remember for sure though.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/HDD_Regenerator_d5235.html

hope that helps!!! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds