OS install Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by His Dudeness, Jul 2, 2008.

1. His Dudeness

His Dudeness Private E-2

Hi,
    Not sure I’m in the right thread but here we go.

OK I have a Biostar T-Force 550 mother board with a western digital 250GB Special Edition Serial ATA drive (model WD2500JD).

I have been trying to load ANY Windows OS on it, and every time I go to install windows on to the HD windows cannot find the Hard drive and I get a please load device Drivers. I have downloaded the utility/driver software from western digital and that didn’t work it also doesn’t see the HD.
    I have put in the original CD that my T-Force cam with and still it cannot find the HD or drivers to install the OS on.

I do have the bios already set to raid so that it recognizes my HD.
    And while in the bios I can detect the HD

I am at a total loss.
    This system did work earlier but I contracted a virus got paranoid and wiped out the system.
    Now it won’t let me load windows
    Help any ideas

2. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

what are your jumper settings on the hard drive.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Sata drives do not have jumpers, scott.
    It would seem that you used something like killdisk, His Dudeness.
    I found those tools often made difficulties like you are experiencing.
    Over the years I got lazy, and kept little software downloads to recover the hard drive so that I could use it again.
    If it cannot find your hard drive, when installing the operating system, but can in the bios, then it is possible that the hard drive is looking for the floppy installation of the sata driver, (press f6, if I remember correctly, as you start installing, but you have to be quick.)
    Check if hard drive is spinning- or, noisy, in case you have developped a faulty drive.
    If a hard drive is becoming faulty, it can play up, as if affected by a virus.
    If you have another computer that you can connect it to, you can check it/format it, by connecting it as a second drive, and right clicking my computer, click manage, click disk management, and it should show up in computer management. If it shows up, you can also run a virus scan from your other computer on it.
    Good luck, gotta go, but others might help.
    If it does not show up in the other computer, it is likely to have become faulty/died.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds