Problems with computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by gregtheorangeman, Jul 2, 2008.

1. gregtheorangeman

gregtheorangeman Private E-2

I did the "READ & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support" Guide and it still didn't fix my problems. I'm not sure if the 3 major problems i am having are because of malware but Im posting in the malware part because i think it does.

But ive been getting these 3 messages for a very long time, atleast 6 months and I dont remember what I did around the time they started. Im just now fixing it because I have several clan members who directed me to this site and said it was a great community of people who love to help.

Here's a picture of the 3 errors i constantly get:
    [​IMG]

The first one comes up for all different types of software im running
    The second one pos up usually when i start the computer or while its shutting down.
    The third one i listed appeared during the MG Tool program and thought it might be of some help.

Attached Files:

2. gregtheorangeman

Heres the rest of log(s)

Attached Files:

3. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

These problems you are having are not due to malware and I will be moving this thread to the Software Forum which is more appropriate. You have issues with your file system and or hard disk. You need to run chkdsk as recommended in the message you received.

I do question some items I see in your ComboFix log. Do you know what the below are and do the files exist?
    Code:
    S3 XDva005;XDva005;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva005.sys []
    S3 XDva007;XDva007;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva007.sys []
    S3 XDva016;XDva016;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva016.sys []
    S3 XDva025;XDva025;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva025.sys []
    S3 XDva030;XDva030;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva030.sys []
    S3 XDva068;XDva068;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva068.sys []
    S3 XDva076;XDva076;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva076.sys []
    S3 XDva092;XDva092;C:\WINDOWS\system32\XDva092.sys []

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

5. gregtheorangeman

Thanks for the help! One of my problems are fixed.
    After doing the chkdsk the corrupted file error message doesnt show up anymore but I am still recieving the second error message stated above when I start up the computer about savedump.exe. The error pops up as soon as I get to the windows login screen.

The files you listed above are not there from what I could see and I do have hidden files shown atm.

Thanks for everything so far and in advance.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Seems your DBGHelp.dll ( debugger for Windows ) has become corrupted or missing, so quick fix is to see if you have a saved spare copy in the dllcache here C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache if you do copy it to this location C:\Windows\System32

may also need to re-register it, so worth doing before rebooting, to register a dll click Start > Run and type or cutnpaste this regsvr32 DBGHelp.dll ( note space between 2 and D )

If you dont have that file in the dllcache, do you have a Windows XP CD?

7. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

8. gregtheorangeman

Just like you said my DBGHelp.dll file was missing, and i put a new one in there and now theirs no more errors. You guys are the Best!

Thanks for all your help its greatly appreciated! :)

9. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Great! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds