windows media center odd interlacing problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by from-nibly, Jul 2, 2008.

1. from-nibly

from-nibly Private E-2

the best way i can describe my problem is that whenever i use media center to watch tv on my computer after a short while it freezes one of the interlaced images its like one image is frozen but the rest of the video keeps going

it doesn't happen any other time other than when watching tv with windows media center.

i have an ati radeon hd 3600 series video card (msi) and an ATI remote wonder tv tuner.

this started happening when i changed the resolution from 1080p (1920X1080) to (1280X720) the reason i did this was i thought that the video card was over heating at such high resolutions because instead of having the interlace problem the video and sound would just pause when watching tv when i would go back in the video there would be no skips or pauses on the recording.

it would be fantastic if anyone knows what is going on with this thing. im a computer technician (obviously not the best) but i have never seen anything like this.

should i try another tv software? could it be a problem with windows updates? i should i try to find a new video card?

again any help with this issue would be amazing because i am at my wits end. praise the man who can figure this one out

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds