problems with internet explorer, sometimes

Discussion in 'Software' started by marjirad, Jul 2, 2008.

1. marjirad

marjirad Private E-2

When I go to some website, I have no problem, however, when I try to read my email, I can go to the yahoo home page, then the sign in page, then nothing. It will not go into my email. I don't know if it is a security setting or something else. Please help

marjirad

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Some more info needed:

What Windows version? is it also fully upto date?
    What Browser you using?
    Have you installed any new software, if so what, especially popup blockers and Search Bars?

Quick first thing to try is to delete your Cookies and Temporary Internet Cache, can use http://majorgeeks.com/download4191.html to do this job.

IE
    Tools > Internet Options > under browsing history click Delete

Firefox
    Tools > Clear Private Data

Then if still not ok, check your Security level in privacy in your browser and make sure its set to Medium. For IE its Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab and slide the slider to Medium

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  3. gothichero

gothichero Private E-2

Can't you use mozilla? i never use ie.. i aint a majorgeek.. but i think mozilla is always the best

4. marjirad

marjirad Private E-2

I tried mozilla, same problem. I do use IE7.

5. marjirad

marjirad Private E-2

I use IE7 with win xp pro, I have tried reseting all of my settings to the default values, cleared internet cache, and work without add-ons. I may have to reinstall IE7.

6. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

If you are having the same problem with Mozilla and IE, have you looked in Yahoo Answers to see if other people are having a similar problem? I often notice that when there is a problem with Yahoo mail, there are lots of posts from people asking for help. Quickly becomes apparent the problem is with Yahoo, not the individual's computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds