The file iaStor.sys could not be found.

Discussion in 'Software' started by LessBluff, Jul 3, 2008.

1. LessBluff

LessBluff Private E-2

What does that mean?
    I get this message in a black screen when i try to re-install XP.

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

The message refers to Intel Sata drivers that can't be found. Are you using a Recovery CD or installing from an OEM/Retail CD?:) Welcome to Major Geeks!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  3. LessBluff

LessBluff Private E-2

It came with the computer. That would be OEM right?

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Yes, OEM would be correct. Is this the same computer referenced in this thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1166737. I noticed that you mentioned the iaStor problem in that thread. Go to your computer manufacturers website and download the Sata/SCSI drivers for your particular model and put them on a floppy disk. XP will ask during setup if you need to install these drivers, and I believe that F6 is the function key to be pressed. Hope this helps! :)

5. LessBluff

LessBluff Private E-2

Thanks. Had a look and Sata/SCSI doesn't seem to be listed. Would it be by any chance be under another name?

6. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

They may be listed as storage controllers.

7. LessBluff

LessBluff Private E-2

This is all thats listed, which one would it be in?
    I can take screen shots of the subs as well if that'll help.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

The drivers could be under chipset, component, or system board. I went back to your original thread on this machine and tried to look them up myself, but lacked the id number and serial number asked for when searching for downloads.

You definitely had OEM drivers installed to begin with, as I reviewed your Everest report. One of the CD's that came with the computer may have a utility to make the driver disk that we are talking about.

Here is a link from Intel with the drivers in question ( you want no.3 as it mentions the driver version originally installed on your machine - 7.0.0.1020 ) and complete instruction in the readme.text file.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...+XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

Hope this helps! :)

9. LessBluff

LessBluff Private E-2

Thanks.
    I tried installing number 3 (AHCI/RAID Software - IntelĀ® Matrix Storage Manager - Primarily for IntelĀ® ICH6R) and this is the prompt I got;
    "Computer does not meet minimum requirement for installing this software. Setup will exit."

I'll try installing the drivers supplied via the cd and report back.
    Thanks again, appreciate it!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds