Upcoming Update to Windows Update

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Jul 3, 2008.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Upcoming Update to Windows Update
    Hi everyone,
    I'd like to let you know that, beginning at the end of this month and continuing over the next few months, we’ll be rolling out an infrastructure update to the Windows Update agent (client). I wanted to take this opportunity to provide some background on the update and discuss the value these updates bring to you.

Continued at source with screen shots
    http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/2008/07/03/upcoming-update-to-windows-update.aspx

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Aha! So they finally realised that Microsoft Update have problems. "The following updates failed to install". Let's hope this message will be a thing of the past...

Thanks for info, Nick.

3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Like so many other security concerned users I rely on the freeware program Secunia PSI RC3 to alert me of updates. It can sometimes be quite a riddle to hunt down residue of already uninstalled programs that is littered all over ones PC but it is a nice feeling when Secunia finally says that all programs are updated. I think very highly of Secunia, I must say. I like the fact that it keeps track of files that did not uninstall properly..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds