Ad Aware 7.0.2.7 HEEEELLLLLLLP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hebzz, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Hebzz

Hebzz Private E-2

Someone please help. I found my removal problem as I was doing routine maintenance on my Mcafee Security Centre. Tells me program conflict with Ad Aware and to remove it. First attempt was with "add/remove programs" no deal, then "run, delete lavasoft folder" no ugh, reinstall? no, error. damn lol googled manual uninstall and, I have neither of the two files it mentions, thought great corrupted. More research said my CCleaner may have trashed some files, ran an XP tool to fix files, tried all again and even tried removing with CCleaner, no, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Please help!!!:cry

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

I moved your post to the Software Forum which is more appropriate than the Malware Removal Forum.

You will need to give the exact word for word error messages that you are having.

3. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

You could try to reinstall Ad-Aware, - same version. Then uninstall again. But have Mcafee Security Centre disabled when doing this. Disable before you download Ad-Aware and keep it disabled until you're done.

4. Hebzz

Hebzz Private E-2

One error message is: Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_0_2_6.MSI

I will check for other error messages. Also Mcafee allows me to download the program and try to install. I had errors like that on my old cpu when using CA Security Suite. TY though.

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

You need to disable Mcafee when downloading. And keep it disabled until you are done. You can't have the cake and eat it = you can't have the problem and solve it.

Right click on the Mcafee icon in your tray and select the disable option in the menu. You have to stop the fight between Ad-Aware and Mcafee. It is nessasary to disable Mcafee for a few moments until Ad-Aware is re-installed and then uninstalled.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  6. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

You probably have some of Ad-Aware's files sitting in Mcafee's quarantine. So what you're trying to do is just not possible. Close Mcafee down completely until you're done.

7. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

The error message you received indicates a small possibility that Window's Installer was damaged in the process. Link for various articles, reinstall and repairs here, here and here.

8. LINDCAST

LINDCAST Private E-2

My question is: Ad Aware7.0.2.7 (is not; is) the same as adware.hotbar? rolleyes

9. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

No. Ad-Aware is an anti-malware program that just might nail that hotbar. Ad-Aware is excellent, it's free and it can be downloaded from here on MajorGeeks. I have it myself and run it now and then for extra security. That McAfee is in conflict with just about everything can't be blamed on Ad-Aware.

Ad-Aware is not known for compatibility problems in general. But McAfee is.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds