computer disconnects

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lyn7, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Lyn7

Lyn7 Private E-2

I have a dual AMD processor and am signed onto AOL dialup when I try to connect to Java or play pogo games either through pogo or aol the comp disconnects saying your aol software has encountered an problem and will reconnect it flashes and connects after several tries,the details box cant show any details it worked ok before I have tried all the directions given to me by aol.but it doesn't work .Any suggestions? Thank you

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm not a huge fan of AOL or dial-up, and the combination of AOL dial-up is straight up evil (and expensive) but that's my opinion and you don't care about my opinion. Sorry. :eek: I didn't mean to rant.....

Enough of that. Try uninstalling all the AOL software (or at least the main applications) from Add/Remove Programs, reboot the PC, and re-install AOL from the CD. If you don't have the CD, they can be found at many post offices, 7-11s, and supermarkets....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds