XP help. Boots to Arabic

Discussion in 'Software' started by Keneye, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Keneye

Keneye Private E-2

My roommate bought an HP laptop while working in Saudi Arabia. He recently got a nasty virus and we did a complete recovery. But the computer loads XP from the recovery disc and then has prompts in Arabic. I changed the BIOS language to English but do not know how to change the Arabic prompts. Help!

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

I would make a complete Kill Disk and have everything replaced with a fresh install in English through and through. My OS is not in English and I know first hand what conflicts can emerge from that. Some English programs are compatible. Some not.

It's a risk you have to take if you live in a small language area because a lot of software is not available in my mother tongue. But you have a choice in the matter. You can have everything in your own language and you should go for it. It's not worth it with these compatibility conflicts that will return and annoy you several times a year. And even hinder the use of a few programs. Get it over with once and for all and format the thing totally installing all software and OS in English only.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds