Looking for a program.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Artha_Penn, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

Is there a program that'll let me view picture files on my windows vista basic like i could with the picture/fax viewer of windows xp? the new picture thingy won't let animated pictures animate when viewing, so i have to open em up in a web browser to get em to animate. but i want to view the files larger, whcih i cant do on a web page. on the picture and fax viewer i could enlarge the view while it animated. Any programs out there that'll fix this problem?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes XNView will allow you to view animated images ok, http://www.majorgeeks.com/XnView__d4974.html however that one is a beta, it works fine but you may wish to run the last known stable version Here

Both versions work great in Vista, you'll just need to set XNView or any other application you decide to use as the default for opening those images, right click the image and choose Open With, browse for XNViews application and set as default. And you can zoom into animated images, either with the applications magnifier or if your mouse has scroll wheel that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds