Lost everything after crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blazephr, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Blazephr

Blazephr Private E-2

Anyone who may be able to help with the following question, thank you in advance. My computer "crashed" last week and after speaking with Dell, I was advised to reinstall my operating system, which in turn deleted EVERYTHING I had on my computer.

I am seeking help on recovering the following:

Any Outlook files, including email messages and contacts
    Video files stored in My Documents or My Videos
    Personal files stored in My Documents

PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you!!!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly with a re-install of the operating system I'm afraid your out of luck in recovering any of your files, they will have likely been over-written by the new install.

Could try this application recuva , but I would imagine if you do find some files your lucky but in the majority most will be gone or corrupted.

I know this is small comfort, but it does pay to have backups on DVD/CD or other media of important files, emails and contacts etc I'm damm fussy about this myself and do backup on regular basis.

3. hvt

hvt Private E-2

There is a freeware program called Undelete Plus that has helped me on a few occasions. I hope it can be helpful to you.
    hvt

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds