Graphics contrller

Discussion in 'Software' started by bugg05, Jul 5, 2008.

1. bugg05

bugg05 Private E-2

ok so to play world of warcraft i have to update my graphics controller and so i did... but it is still outdated every time i tried if fact out dated since 2005! i tried to update it here and from Dell so can some 1 throw me a link to some where i can update my controller to maybe 2008 lol thanks bugg out

2. bugg05

bugg05 Private E-2

oh and i have version 6.14.0010.4363
    and chip type Intel(R) 82865G graphics contrller

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

When they say "you need to update your video card", they are referring to updating (replacing) the actual physical graphics card, not just updating the drivers. The Intel 865 on board graphics chip simply does not have the power to run WOW regardless of which drivers are installed. You need to determine what type of video slot you have available (PCIexpress or AGP; if you have neither, then you'd have to use PCI, and in that scenario you might think about buying a new motherboard). After you figure out what type of slot you have, you need to figure out how much you want to spend on a new video card, then shop around for the best card in your price range. Once you have narrowed your choices down to two or three different cards, post them in the Hardware forums and we can offer some advice and maybe help you decide which card would be best for your situation and your budget.

GOOD LUCK!

[dlb]
    :major

(BTW- you can find out info about your video slot and motherboard in general by visiting the Dell support page and typing in your Service Tag number in the appropriate spot. If you have any trouble finding the info on line, post the Service Tag number here and we'll try to track down the info for you).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds