Registry CURRENT_USER corrupted ? ..or is it ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tones_ie, Jul 5, 2008.

1. tones_ie

tones_ie Private E-2

Hi,

i was researching how to stop "trend micro" folder from starting up and opening at bootup on a friends pc...when i came across this in the registry....heres a screenshot...

Its only on the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" ..as far as i can tell the pc is running ok....

anyone ever see this before? is it something i need to worry about

Attached Files:

• reg.gif
      reg.gif
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No not seem that before, first thoughts are malware created multiple random registry entries, so I would be running this guide and posting a new thread in the malware forum of ours for the malware experts to review, even if the PC is seeming to be running OK.

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. tones_ie

tones_ie Private E-2

Thanks Halo....ill do as u requested...though i do think the pc is clean..maybe the pros will correct me :)

ltr

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds