Outlook 2007 problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Private_Geek16, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Private_Geek16

Private_Geek16 Private E-2

Hi,

I recently installed Online Armor Free and since then I have been unable to log onto my isp's pop3 server. I am able to login into their mail server with the correct password. I am also able to login to the cobranded Verizon Yahoo email with this correct password. When i try to connect with outlook 2007, it keeps on asking for the password to connect to the incoming.verizon.net server. Every time i enter the password (correctly) it just pops back asking me to enter it again. When i try to send test message from tools, accounts, i get the error message: "your e-mail server rejected your login. verify your user name and password in account properties.":(

I have been on the phone with verizon tech support and they say as long as i am to able to log onto my verizon account (website and cobranded yahoo email) they cannot help me anymore.:mad:

Can someone tell me if this is a firewall problem. I also just installed Avast antivirus and scanned my computer and found a trojan generating virus. I suspect (just a guess) that I had an email spambot hijacking my email.

Any help from Online Armor experts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

One way to check if it's your Firewall is disable it for as long as it takes to try to do a manual send receive in Outlook.

Also, make sure all your settings in outlook are ok.

One thing I have to do in Outlook with my Verizon Yahoo email account is make sure "log on using Secure Password Authentication" is unchecked. Also, under Outgoing server make sure "My outgoing server requires authentication" is checked along with "use same settings as my incoming mail server"

3. Private_Geek16

Hi LauraR,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I tried disabling firewall and sending test email and still had same problem. The settings you told me about are all as you stated. When I start Outlook I get a brief popup about an Avast Mail Outlook/Exchange Plugin. I don't know where or what that is. I recently installed Avast antivirus and that is when the problem started. I also installed Online Armor firewall at that time, but have ruled that out as cause of problem. Please reply, thanks.

4. LauraR

5. Private_Geek16

Hi,

I tried to enable avast plugin in outlook 2007, but it wasn't in the list. I uninstalled Avast (I am now using PC tools antivirus) and still have the same problem. I have no clue what to try now. Can anyone please help?

6. Private_Geek16

when i send/receive in outlook i get the error messages in jpegs

Attached Files:

7. Private_Geek16

MarkTrent,

thanks for your reply. What is the best way to completely eliminate/uninstall (and check if gone) avast and online armor? I will try your suggestions when i have some more time.

Thanks again.

8. LauraR

So, I was looking up the settings required for Outlook 2007 and the interesting thing is that I couldn't find them for anything above 2003 in outlook (which is what I have) for setting up Verizon Yahoo.

This is for a Yahoo email account, so you may find some settings in there that pertain to your account:

9. Private_Geek16

Thank You LauraR and MarkTrent.

I contacted Microsoft support and after a week of open case number the technician was able to solve the problem. It was a corrupted registry key called PSSP (protected storage ? ?). This key allows windows to correctly save passwords. Thanks for suggesting MS support. I never would have solved problem otherwise. Thanks again.:):wave

10. Private_Geek16

LauraR,

thanks for the info on the Outlook setup procedures. You taught me how to get my other Yahoo email account into Outlook. This is very useful info.:)

11. LauraR

Glad you figured it out.:) Something like that is frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds