Browser fatal error

Discussion in 'Software' started by subgeeky, Jul 6, 2008.

1. subgeeky

subgeeky Private E-2

I have a Windows 2000 Pro AMD K7 chip 500 MHz machine with language packs. My default global setting is set to Asian language

On startup sometimes I get the AVGRSX.exe error and must close.

But more importantly, my web browser often crashes, I've tried both IE6 and Firefox 3. Firefox doesn't even generate a log.

My question is how do I access the log for IE6 so I can upload it for help.

I'm pretty sure there are no malware as it happens soon after I did a clean install of WIndows 2000 Pro (delete and recreate partition).

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

The security in IE6 is debatable. You could update it to IE7 and see...

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Cordialis, IE 7 wiil not run on the windows 2000 operating system.

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

I'm sorry. I should have thought of that.

6. cosmicbrat

cosmicbrat Private E-2

I was getting frequent browser crashes, until I installed a hard wired router to the Internet connection... The crashes always only happened just seconds after I had just completed creating a powerful bitching letter which clearly exposed either religion's or democracy's insane misgivings, as if "big brother was watching me", and was slamming my PC to prevent the truth from being told... I haven't had a single crash since I installed the router... Got the router for $7 at a garage sale... I would never go for a wireless router... In an apartment which I was renovating for a client I saw how the guy was stealing his Internet connection from a neighbor dance-studio business across the street with a simple wireless hacker software...

I found that most W98 and 2K crashes were caused by Macromedia's shockwave in the PC... Seems Macromedia's ad software stuff is too powerful for some little systems, in slow, low-RAM computers... My guess is that if Macromedia software is working on something, and you disrupt its progress, it can cause a "logjam", resulting in the crash or freeze-up... I've made it a habit to delete everything Macromedia from all my fresh OS loads, and I never get crashes...

Recently I purchased an old tower for a couple bucks from a garage sale, and it crashed a lot while I checked out the OS... I opened up the case to find the CPU's cooling fins Totally plugged-up with sticky dust, but not in time to prevent the CPU from self-destructing...

Another cause of crashes for my PC's have been faulty dying hard drives... I found that a moderate tap on the tower case can crash a faulty hd...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds