Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by patbrew, Jul 6, 2008.

1. patbrew

patbrew Private E-2

I am member of Webkinz World. Every time I try to trade in the trade room it freezes up on my computer. Is there any tweaking or additional software I need or must remove to stop this? My system is Windows XP sp3. I have the latest DirectX9, run cleaners and defense,and antivirus,clean up cache, the whole gambet daily and it still happens. My computer performance is wonderful but this is really a problem. This is the only trade room I have tried. I have Adobe flash 9, Adobe shockwave 11. My ISP is Embarq DSL with exterior modem. I think it may be the Webkinz site but not sure. Can you please help me.

2. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Patbrew

Just a question, when it freezes up does a small window appear with adobe flash player installer and if so when you click cancel your screen is still frozen, but if you click install then the screen unfreezes? reason I ask thats the problem I seem to be having and I'm wondering if its some sort of new virus or something, also had the same problem at work, sorry I couldn't help otherwise.

Regards
    Pozzy

3. patbrew

patbrew Private E-2

Hi Pozzy, No that does not happen. It just freezes without warning. I talked with a longtime member today and she said that it freezes up on a lot of people. In research I have done on flash player, said that it was flashplayer 9 so i uninstalled it and found a site that offered the ver8. No change occured. I reinstalled ver9 as I was on another site that required flash and ver9 was installed so I am back to ver9. I believe it is the Webkinz World itself. There are a lot of glitches there and they just can't seem to take care of all that needs fixed. I am wondering if the High speed internet is better. I have a 256 connection I think. Could be that the very high connection performs better.Do you get the Kat with Joccy has won this game of Bingoz? I have been getting that one for about 3 or 4 months now. It may be a glitch or maybe a cheat. I have heard a few complain about that one. I am sure Ganz knows about a lot of the problems. If you notice, there is no way to contact them about it. I asked to contact tech support and was directed to the customer support on the signin page. Which has nothing about the freeze up problem.
    Thanks for your inquiry.
    Pat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds