Administrator Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by ImK3R3D, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

:mad okay so heres the story...

I am running Windows XP Professional SERVICE PACK 2 on a DELL Latitude D600.

Now, I need to get on my administrator account to delete, edit, install programs and things. The problem is this is my dads laptop and lets just say hes not here anymore.

I've been everywhere and tried everything. Getting no where or getting a big fat Access Denied. This is very frustrating. I've tried ISO's but i cannot download Daemon Tools because, I am not Admin... I cannot access my User Accounts because I am not admin...I cannot log in while going into start mode because it says to check my domain, but there is no drop down menus or anything to select a domain. I have tried password recovery tools, some I cannot download because I am not admin, and others are just so confusing. One password recovery tool uses HASHing which i have no clue how to do.

I have thought of rebooting my whole system but i really don't want to do this. I am downloading Windows Home Edition as i write this. It is an ISO and WINRAR seems to recognize it so I will see if this works out.

Please help me, i need to figure out this password to do anything else on here!!

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Well, I guess that if you have the product key for XP and the service tag number for the Dell there must be a way since the PC is now legally yours. But I think you need to call Dell's costumer service for help. Bypassing security settings could land MajorGeeks in trouble depending on the situation...

Numbers and keys sould be printed on labels sitting somewhere on the PC. It's in your own interest to get the products officially registered in your name.

3. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

umm silly question, but did you try the account called administrator? if in the welcome screen, hit ctrl+alt+del twice. then type administrator in the login, and try a blank password...good luck.

4. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

aha funny... i obviouslly tryed that =b

and i tryed EVERYTHING on that sniptools site...nothing wanted to work for me =( its sooo maddening!:mad

5. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

You do realize that most computers nowadays don't come with ANY disks, instead giving you the option to burn your own computer-specific recovery media... right? So yeah, I'm guessing the "original media" isn't in hard copy form.

6. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

yah i dont have the CD so i downloaded HOME but it didnt work cuz it was a later version of what i had....so im downlaoding Windows XP PRO ROYALE because its a more up-to-date version (2007)

i tryed other links still nothing

and also for safe mode i think it may be because im on Professional but,

Okay i press F8 like im suppose to the screen come up i go to safe mode and then it says i have to log in, but other people have said that you dont need a password or anything to get in safe mode.

Thanks for your help so far

7. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

i dont have any license keys or anything for this
    also dont have any CDs except for the ones i use to install home on my PC but those are specially made for EMACHINES and wont run on my dell.

8. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

oh yah the product key is under there what should i do then?

9. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

ohh awsome so once i download my windows xp pro royale i can use it??

great thanks man
    not alot of ppl thank you but i did

10. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

its valid i just installed it everyting is the same but guess what happend

:mad

"You need to be administrator to run this application"

this is really P***ing me off seriously!

i need to figure out how these ISO's work can u give me a really detailed walkthrough? and by rebooting does that mean restarting the computer through START/turn off computer/restart? or somthing else...

please help im despeatre =(

11. ImK3R3D

ImK3R3D Private E-2

oh problem solved ive got in my mom called my dads work and got the pass thanks so much for your help

12. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

would have figured you tried that already.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds