Adaware 2008 & Spybot problems with Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pozzydrive, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi all

I downloaded Adaware 2008 and Spybot S&D to a laptop running Vista home edition:
    Could not get Spybot to download at all, kept saying there was another spybot program on the computer, did I want to install anyway, well kept on trying, to no avail, I cannot find any other spybot on the computer, I might have tried once before and maybe there is some remnant left over from it, not sure, did run C/C and cleaned some stuff out, no mention of Spybot, but still having the same problem.
    As for Adaware 2008, this installed Ok, tried to run a full scan, got half way through the scan and it just did not go any further, had to close the program, did a smart scan no problems, tried another full scan, same issues arose, would only do it half way, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Pozzy

2. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Mark

Thanks for that, yes, Vista has got windows defender loaded, I've not used it myself and wanted Adaware loaded as I have used that before, in fact it was the majorgeeks website that recommended it, and I tend to standby their recommendations, however always willing to change if something better comes along, so your saying that defender is better than Adaware, if so then I'll try it.

Regards

Pozzy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds