Playback options for cds and dvds etc

Discussion in 'Software' started by thephoenix572, Jul 7, 2008.

1. thephoenix572

thephoenix572 Private E-2

Wonder if anyone can help me.

When I put in a cd or dvd to play on my pc it comes up with such options as Quicktime, real player, windows media player, vlc etc etc for me to use to play the disc.

However there are some options such as power dvd etc that I have removed from the pc but it still shows up in the list, albut without showing an icon next to the name.

How do I remove them completely from the list?

Also if I unistall real player or quick time from my pc it comes up each time that I log on to the internet that the player real or quick time are missing and do I want to install them. In the past I've just reinstalled the programs.

How can I stop this message from keep happening if I uninstall them again, apart from reinstalling the programs which I don't want to do as I don't use them.

I have an xp and use AOL for internet

Please help me

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds