Follow Up Qn to: End Program - CL RC Engine 3 Dummy Window

Discussion in 'Software' started by LostInYonkers, Jul 7, 2008.

1. LostInYonkers

LostInYonkers Private E-2

A question to Simon Perez who had the solution to this problem: Did you perform the reinstall of Dell Media Direct by the book, that is reinstall XP and set up the DMD partition or just run the reinstallation CD? I've read bad things about reinstalling Dell Media Direct.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

To all who may say HUH! as to what the above is refering too, its this older thread here

To LostinYonkers, the member Simon Perez, only posted that 1 post and has not been back since, so likely he may not be regular visitor to here but in passing.

The Dell instructions for fixing that do see to be to be extreme in re-installing the OS as well to fix that error, so my only though would be do you use that function? if not then dont re-install as like you I have read and seen this app cause more problems than enough when faulting.

I would be after a PC backup of important files etc be tempted to do a repair of DMD from these instrructions as they seem to say that a re-install of DMD from the re-installCD may not go to plan in all cases http://support.dell.com/support/top...514CACADF866F73EE040AE0AB6E16137&docid=314954

We do have a few techs on here that deal with DELL machines as part of their PC repair businesses, so hopefully one of them may jump in to advise you better than me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds