Error with RemoveIT Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jul 7, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I have used RemoveIT Pro fairly regularly over the years and have found it to be pretty good at removing some of the nasties that other programs miss. I went to install it today on a PC running Win2000 Advanced Server SP4 and it installed OK, but when I run it, it immediately errors out (see screen shot attached below). It's not a big deal, I'm just curious.... what's up with this?

Thanks....

Attached Files:

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Can't help you with your problem, but there is a new version released today. :cool

RemoveIT Pro 5/7/2008 at http://www.majorgeeks.com/RemoveIT_Pro_d5205.html

Maybe un-install your version, run CCleaner and install new version. Hope this helps. Bazza

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I use that app alot, too, dlb. I have never seen that message or even one similar.

There is a contact address in About. (in the app menu)

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Bazza- this error is with the new version, and it's on a PC where I run CCleaner at least 3-4 times weekly... thanks tho'

Muskie- :( Yeah, that's what I thought too.... very strange.... I've never had any trouble with RemoveIT before now. Thanks tho'

:cry

(I'll get over it... I was just kind of wondering if anyone else was having trouble with today's new release.... I guess not)

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi dlb

Is it the first time you have used this in its later versions on W2k? as the developers only say its designed for XP/Vista ( they done from update logs a few core engine updates this year ) so it is maybe calling on an API location in the kernel it cannot access in W2K, GetNativeSystemInfo is a call on WOW64 to check if a PC is x86 or x64.

6. bigbazza

Halo, MG link still shows as suitable for "Win All". :( :confused

PS: Haven't installed latest version as yet. Will do after today's Net session. Bazza

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

http://www.incodesolutions.com/removeit.php

Emailed MA on the listing as the older versions may have been ok but looks as later ones are not.

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yup. I remember running it on Win98SE a few months ago and it was OK, but that was January or February (I think :confused )

OK. I was actually thinking that it's compatibility with W2K was on the outs, and it looks like that's where we're at.... thanks guys!

9. bigbazza

Link now reads:

I installed latest version on XP Pro SP3 yesterday, no probs. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds