pc not booting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PC pro, Jul 9, 2008.

1. PC pro

PC pro Private E-2

i have a gigabyte MA78GM-S2H motherboard and when i power on the pc nothing appares on screen

could the motherboard be fuilty

i have tryed booting out side the case with CPU RAM and the onboard graphix card nothing apears on screen

ive tryed the cpu and ram in different pc using same monitor and the ram and cpu works fine in that pc ive also tryed the ram and cpu from both pc's in the MA78GM-S2H and nothing still appares on screen

in both cases the cooling fan keeps spining is the motherboard fuilty or part off the onbaord graphix fuilty?

also ive tryed taking the battery out servill times to clear the cmos

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Hook up a small speaker to the mobo connector called SPEAKER. Listen to beep codes. Note your BIOS manufacturer. If you can't boot it up, look at the screenshot of BIOS in the manual. Google the codes & manufacturer. Such as "phoenix bios beep codes".

Make sure your BIOS supports the cpu. Go to GB site for the list.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds