Help, my website (& the host) is not working!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by khix, Jul 10, 2008.

1. khix

khix Private E-2

(I hope this is the right place to post this)

Help, my website, www.creativestitcher.com, has mysteriously gone down. It was working fine yesterday & the past several weeks. The error is "website can't be found.". I also try the host/server, which is www.jkahosting.com, and I can't get on there either. Says the website can't be found. Is the host down? How do you determine if the host is down? How do I get it & my site working again? I tried emailing the host, but email address is @jkahosting.com, so I don't know if they will get it. How do I determine if the host is down temporarily or if they've gone out of business? Please help! Oh, and everything else about the internet & other websites is working. It's just my site & jkahosting....also, in my various searches to find info about this problem, I did run across other websites that are hosted by jkahosting, and those sites can't be found either.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Likely as the host seems to be having DNS issues, hence all the sites they host being down, did you not have any phone numbers to contact for them? as you say emailing them maybe useless if the domain is down.

Did a whois lookup on them and a phonenumber to the offices here may help http://whois.domaintools.com/jkahosting.com

3. khix

khix Private E-2

Hi,

Thanks for finding the phone number. I will try & call it. I never did get a phone number. I guess I figured online support would always be there.

And yes, the email I sent just came back....it couldn't be sent to jkahosting. (name server timeout) Does that mean it's temporarily down or just does not exist anymore?

BTW, This is the first time this has ever happened.

Also, not sure if it's related, but I did a windows update yesterday, and after I did that, internet did not work at all (I have dsl). I tried a million different things, messing with the network connection properties, ipconfig-ing stuff, pinging stuff, nothing worked until I removed the windows update (and anyway, come to find out it was a bug with the windows update, which messed with the Zone Alarm firewall). Now, internet works fine again, but as of today, my site & jkahosting does not work. Does it have anything to do with the my computer's ip address or DNS stuff being changed?

4. aeonaero

aeonaero Private E-2

khix,

My sites are on jkahosting also and are also down. Can't get my sites or them. Been happening since at least 7:00am central. (it's now 10:30am).

Whois shows a phoe number that belongs to privacyprotect. I tried google and found one that when I called, gives me a modem and another line that is disconnected. So no lucking getting in touch with them yet.

I'll search to see if I have a real number from my startup emails (If I have any from that far back!)

5. khix

khix Private E-2

Hi,

Thanks for that info. I was just about to call that number, too. I searched my start-up emails & couldn't find a phone number in them.

It's good to know I'm not in the boat alone! :) I sure hope this is just temporary! I don't want to go through the trouble of searching for another hoster! I thought I did my homework with this one! It's been completely perfect until today. I've been with them since May. How long have you been with jka? Has this ever happened before?

6. aeonaero

aeonaero Private E-2

I've been with them about 4 years now and haven't had ANY problems. They've been outstanding until now. Definitely nothing like this. The only down time I've had is during scheduled maint and those are few and far between. If they've been down this long, it must be pretty bad.

The bad part is my site ( http://www.colortouchphotography.com ) is our lifeline to the world and it hurts us when it's not up. If it's not up by this afternoon, I'm going to have to consider an emergency swap to another hoster.

7. khix

khix Private E-2

Well, thanks for letting me know. I sure hope they are still in business, and that everything gets up & running SOON.

8. khix

khix Private E-2

Woohoo! I found the phone number:

1-727-808-7708

I found it on this site:

http://www.aboutus.org/Jkahosting.com

I called, talked to Keith, and he is aware that the site is down, they are working on it, and hopefully it will be back up within an hour.

Sheesh, the internet....can't live with it and can't live without it!

9. aeonaero

aeonaero Private E-2

Awesome! Good work. Good to know that they'll have it back up in a bit. Thanks for the info. I'm filing their number away for future possible problems.

10. uary56

uary56 Private E-2

Hi, not sure where to send this, my son messed with my computer can't get email some websites work some don't, please help, thanks, tried what I could think of

11. uary56

uary56 Private E-2

Oops forgot don't know if i can get your email reponse my icq number is, 158815389, and

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds