ics behind a lan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ghettowhiteboy, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ghettowhiteboy

ghettowhiteboy Private E-2

my current setup is:

modem -wired- voip -wired- linksys wrt54g -wireless- gateway laptop

I'm trying to add to the chain a desktop with only a 10/100 Mb card. i've tried these 3 ways

ics: modem -wired- voip -wired- linksys wrt54g -wireless- gateway laptop -crossover- desktop pc

ics: modem -wired- voip -wired- linksys wrt54g -wireless- gateway laptop -wireless- linksys befw11s4 -wired- desktop pc

netork bridge on the laptop: modem -wired- voip -wired- linksys wrt54g -wireless- gateway laptop -wireless- linksys befw11s4 -wired- desktop pc

the only one that half worked was ics on a crossover and that one i couldn't get to the internet from the desktop, but i could access the wrt54g.

I'm confused, can anyone help?

and no i don't have the money for a wifi card for a while and the cp is too far away from the router the only cable i have is a 50' one and it's 100'

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds