DVD-Drive Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Groovysss, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Groovysss

Groovysss Private E-2

Hi I have a problem regarding my DVD drive in my computer, it does not detect any discs.
    Whenever I put a disc in the computer does not respond in any way, and when I check the drive it says there is no disc entered.
    It has been like this for a few months now but I don't know how it got this way, it just stopped working all of the sudden.
    Any help is appreciated!

Oh and I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that didn't do anything.
    I have Windows XP if that matters.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. cconnect

cconnect Private E-2

Thanks plodr, as your post was actually very interesting. Next time I have a similar problem, I am going to try that.

As I have stated in a similar post, I have had the same problem before, and it was after I did a fresh install Windows XP on my computer. Mine was malfunctioning because I didn't install the Chipset or INF Installation Utility drivers on there.

So, try installing the chipset drivers or motherboard drivers. If you're unsure of where to find it, or simply don't have them on you, and if you have a clone computer, figure out what motherboard you have first by using Everest or any other program that will do the job. If your computer is branded, (i.e. HP, Dell, etc.) go to their driver downloads or support page and download the most recent chipset drivers for your computer.

Hope this helps!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds