New Build, Weird Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hddvd, Jul 13, 2008.

1. hddvd

hddvd Private E-2

So i just got all of the parts of my build together. At first it powered on great and i was able to get into the bios. I found out that i had a bad HDD, so i got a new one. I got it installed, but when i went to power the computer on it would spin all of the fans for about 5 seconds with no video. After that 5 seconds it would stop spinning all fans and then spin again (non stop). I still am unable to get video. I tried 2 different video cards and still get the same results. I also tried re-seating the RAM and CPU and CMOS. Someone please help.

2. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

Can you provide a little more information as to what components you have installed please?

3. hddvd

hddvd Private E-2

Motherboard: Asus P5E
    PSU: CMPSU-750TX (750 watts)
    RAM: 4GB Crucial Balistix (2x2GB PC2-64000)
    CPU: Intel E8400 (with stock heatsink)
    GPU: 2 Visiontek HD4850s
    Optical Drive
    HDD: Raptor X
    Case: Coolermaster Cosmos

4. Nicholas Le Santo

Nicholas Le Santo Private E-2

It`s not unknown for a bios to get `sticky` after registering a defective hdd. Drain the bios (via jumper or battery removal) and try again. There is a fair chance it might succeed.

5. hddvd

hddvd Private E-2

i already tried taking out the battery for about 1 min. i also used the switch on the mb.

6. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Remove the other GPU, clear cmos (take battery out & short 2 pins for a min), try each stick of ram in each slot, go to bios, set up ram to specs. Mostly your ram will need more voltage. 2.1v or whatever it's rated at. Then install the other stick & gpu.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds