Sleeeep

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kjhansen56, Jul 14, 2008.

1. kjhansen56

kjhansen56 Corporal

I get the weirdest problems. Another old computer (uses Win 98). This one works just fine at my house, but when I take it back to my friend's house it "goes to sleep." When I first plug it in it works fine, we run it through its paces, it works fine. Then I get a call. When she tries to turn it on, the monitor says "Sleep Mode in 5 seconds," and it goes to sleep and will not be awakened. I switched monitors, thinking it might be a problem with the energy saver in the monitor. I removed the screen saver from the computer... nothing seems to help. What the heck.
    The only thing I can think of is that her house (I call it a house charitably) might have bad power... It has old, old wiring. Any thoughts?
    Keith

2. kjhansen56

kjhansen56 Corporal

ttt pls

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds