Laptop Battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by juanny, Jul 14, 2008.

1. juanny

juanny Private E-2

I've had my laptop for about 3 years, and recently i believe my battery has died. When I unplug my laptop, it immediately shuts off as if i had turned it off with the power button. Does that mean my battery is done for good? It just seems like it should have lasted longer than 3 years.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It might mean the battery is gone BUT it could also mean that the charger is not working to charge the battery when it is plugged into the mains/outlet. The charger has two points of possible failures: the charger (brick) itself or the connector on the motherboard that the charger plugs into.

I'm hoping one of the "electrical" guys (or gals) will stick a nose in this thread and tell you how you can test to narrow down exactly where the problem is.

3. juanny

juanny Private E-2

If anyone knows how to test that, that would be great. Hopefully the battery isn't gone for good!

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Laptop batteries really only have a life expectancy of ~1.5 to 2 years. Anything past that is a blessing.

That said, it does sound like your battery is toast.

5. juanny

juanny Private E-2

Really? Wow that almost seems like a rip-off.

Oh well

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds