Dail Up - Proxy Settings Offline

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by soulhaunter, Jul 14, 2008.

1. soulhaunter

soulhaunter Private E-2

I dont know too much about it yet but my boyfriend seems to be having a lot of problems with his dail up. I am not the expert at dail up. He has recently installed firefox and that is when all the problems have been happening. For now he seems to be able to dail up to his internet but none of his browsers will work and neither will his MSN. He troubleshooted his msn and found that the proxy settings are offline, which is preventing him from signing in. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? We have tried rebooting the computer and putting his dail up settings back in. Do you think uninstalling firefox may fix all these problems or is there something else we can do?

Thank you for reading, it will be a big help to him if this can be fixed.

ps. dont worry, he is hoping to get broadband soon :)

2. soulhaunter

soulhaunter Private E-2

thank you for the top one, we will try that, as for the second one, we need to find a way for him to get a free anti virus because the one he has is well out of date. like AVG 5.0 or something.

:)

3. soulhaunter

soulhaunter Private E-2

right, he thinks it might be his internet and phone provider. apparently kingston communications are very well known for messing around with internet and phone. ill let you know wat happens for future questions like this.

4. soulhaunter

soulhaunter Private E-2

its not his internet provider, its not the software. Ive tried to look it up but i just cant find anything. He is using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or 9. It hard to find out whats wrong with his internet but hes got such an up to date IE. The messages hes getting are things like 'proxy settings invalid' and stuff like that. I figured, lets disable his proxy settings because he doesnt need one. But i have no idea how to do that either. Even after looking it up. Im not a proxy expert...anyone care to lend a hand? thanx xxx

5. soulhaunter

soulhaunter Private E-2

PROBLEM SOLVED! WOOO! his zonealarm was blocking the internet and msn. Dont know why it took some time to block it. But thats it, ive made him uninstall it and put on windows firewall xx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds