Help with entertainment center

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kybandit, Jul 15, 2008.

1. kybandit

kybandit Private E-2

Im trying to set up my entertainment center and could use some experienced advise, Im going to list what I have and would app. any suggestions.

panasonic lcd projection
    viewsat sat box- only has rca and s-video out and coax out.
    dvd recorder with hdmi out.
    gateway media center cpu with tv card.
    phillips sl400i media link.
    motorola dcp501 receiver.
    Mitsubishi projector xl5u lcd projector-analog no digital-componet and rgb in.

I only want to use projector when watching big events, not very often, Im not into gaming, just want best hookup possibilities, Im a poorboy, all this was bought off ebay used I hope what Ive bought will mesh, also I have polk surround with powered sub, the Motorola receiver sounds decent, could use some advice here as well, I would be humbled with any suggestions except for the ones saying I have junk and should start over, if nothing positive to say then dont. Ive tried to use the phillips wireless but it interferes with my internet so Im ordering a crossover cable to use it wired.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds