Blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AisuKaji, Jul 16, 2008.

1. AisuKaji

AisuKaji Private E-2

Note : I used the search function and couldn't find a post

Well I was playing a game called Combat Arms when suddenly my computer started making loud WROOM noises. I also notice that the "HDD" light that came with my case started blinking at the same moments the VROOM sound comes. After like 10 times my computer froze and gave me the blue screen.

I don't understand why it did this because it has never happened to me before. What's more weird is that it only happens sometimes now. After I restarted my computer, the Windows XP loading screen comes. But it loads for a LONG time, then crashes again and automatically reboots itself.

After waiting 30 mins, it works perfectly again! :confused

So whats the problem and how do I prevent this?]

PS I attatched a DXDIAG.txt file for reference

Attached Files:

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

3. AisuKaji

AisuKaji Private E-2

Ok heres what I got wile playing Combat Arms

Proc% 50.00
    Processes 26 Threads 425
    41 mins 41 secs
    PageUsed 549/Pagetotal:1439
    RAMUsed:775/RAMtotal: 1023
    Date 16/7/08 time 12:17
    HARVEY-AISUKAJI

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I was looking for temperature readings from the processor and perhaps the graphics unit and hard drive?

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Agreed, please post your CPU Temps etc and we can assess whether it is an overheating issue.

6. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

The error message from the bluescreen would be helpful too :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds