emprex lm 1722 lcd monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goryirol, Jul 16, 2008.

1. goryirol

goryirol Private E-2

my daughters monitor started flashing on and off. she turned it off for awhile, when she tried again the screen was blank. the power button is blinking but nothing else. the monitor is less than 2 years old. does anyone know some troubleshooting ideas i can use? the computer runs win xp.
    thanks,
    Loir

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

First open up the computer, ground your self and be sure the video card is seated all the way in the socket. Also make sure that all the connectors between the monitor and the computer are tight and the power cord from the monitor to the electric is tight.
    Next, if the problem persists, the easiest is to borrow another monitor and see if it displays properly. If it does, then it is your monitor. If it doesn't then you may have to spend money for a new video card and/or new cables.

3. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

Ploddr nailed it. If you still have problems, you can remove the video card and just use the onboard (if applicable). Also there maybe a "source select" button on the monitor.

4. goryirol

goryirol Private E-2

thanks for your reply. the video card, cables are all good. we've hooked up another monitor and it works fine. so i suppose it's the monitor. any hints on troubleshooting it?
    Lori

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds