USB flash drive question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Still Learning, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

I noticed when i plugin my usb card it has two drives, why are all my usb drives showing as having two partitions?
    like when i just plugged in my usb card it said drive I: and J: are being used for the usb flash drive.

Drive I has an invisable picture of a cd disc next to it in my computer and read U3 System on windows and drive J just read as removable disk, and when i double click on it , it asks me to please enter a disk.

I have another usb drive and it does the same thing, i was trying to get it to boot linux from it

thanks

2. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

I went to pendrivelinux.com and found step by step directions on how to do it from ubuntu's live cd, the only thing is i dont see the drive when i type fdisk -l and when i try and look in or open the drive threw ubuntus GUI it just says "unable to mount location, no media in the drive"

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

U3 drives information http://www.u3.com/default.aspx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds