DO'H Boot Screen freeze

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kaliace, Jul 18, 2008.

1. kaliace

kaliace Private E-2

Hello,

It has been a while since I posted and I am at my wits end. Okay I have a Dell 8400 service number CF60L51. It started with it not booting from the Dell screen (the choice to go to Bios does not show up F12) I tried several different boot attempts and then I got the [Ithr] warning. I did some searching online and here is what I have tried,

I have replaced the battery, removed all USB devices, Moved Memory around (the led on the back show ABC green and D orange, I put a gig stick in a year or so ago) I moved the Cmos jumpers to try and clear it,

I might have tried others but I think that covers it, Oh sometimes when I restart the CPU the Cooler fan will go into overdrive, then eventually it will calm down, the fins are not hot when it does this.

Well, that is it in a nutshell. I am about ready to curl up in the fetal and cry. Any help would be a blessing.

Respectfully,
    Michael

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Did you just update bios?

Unplug power cord, press & hold case power button to discharge current, wait 1 min, remove battery from mobo, either short the nearby 2 pins or short the + and - pins in the battery holder with the tip of a ballpen for 10 secs (sometimes it takes longer), put battery back in, remove all ram sticks, try each stick in each slot, hook up power cord, power on pc, if no luck, try another ram stick/slot.

If there are 4 sticks of ram & 4 slots, that'll be 16 tries/combos. Discharge static by touching a large metal part or the psu switched to off but plugged in wall outlet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds