What are benchmarks for then ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CRASH101, Jul 19, 2008.

1. CRASH101

CRASH101 Private First Class

Benchmarks show how well your computer will perform in a given circumstance right ?
    Well then when you ask the question what is better for games a Quad Core or a dual core why is it that some are more than adamant about dual cored CPU's when every benchmark I have seen shows that the Quad Core CPU kills the dual core ..??
    No matter what I have the E8200 and I clocked it to 3.7GHz the ONLY benchmark it "won" was Super Pie 1.5 mod . every thing els was a wash out even the benchmarks in my games was averaging lower FPS than with the Quad Core Q6600 ! So when you say the the games do not use all 4 Cores I have to say then if this is really true why is it I get higher FPS with the Q6600 then with the E8200 ? Explain that ...
    What say you ? :confused

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

It's because game are NOT optimize to use the quad core right now.

In a few years when the game are quad core optimize they will crush the dual core.
    all game now are optimize for the dual core ....

It's simple has that......

3. CRASH101

CRASH101 Private First Class

Well I know that lost planet is a Quad optimized game . But this makes no sense to me .
    When benchmarks are here to guide us then why would any one want a dual core CPU when 99% of all tests are showing quads better ? if this is so then why the need for benchmarks ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds