I have no idea what is happening to my pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by surgingspite, Jul 19, 2008.

1. surgingspite

surgingspite Private E-2

I have been wrestling with my cpu for days and I just can't get it to work. Here is my problem:
    I was using my computer when it hanged suddenly. So I press the "power" button to switch it off. The next moment I try to turn on my pc, all i get is a black screen, not even POST. Some other things to note, My "power" led shows a yellow whereas my "hdd" led shows a red blink for 1 seconds and then nothing.

What I did:
    I tried resitting all my mobos, ram, etc and cleaned it too but it doesn't help. Both the fans(PSU and mobos) is running though.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

What computer type? Some HP, Dells and other brand names will go into sleep mode if shut off inproperly, so my first guess would be to hold down the power button for up to 10 seconds to see if it comes on.

From there we may need to start checking all cables and hardware.

3. surgingspite

surgingspite Private E-2

It's an intel brand. I tried what you said but nothing comes on. It will only comes on if I press the power button and release it but then the problems I mentioned will be present.

4. surgingspite

surgingspite Private E-2

Sorry I didn't mean to double post but I cannot see where the edit button is. I don't understand what you mean by computer type. I try to describe my computer to the best of my ability. My cpu is at least 5 years old while my monitor is only a few months old. I think I better stop here because what I give will be too general as I don't know how to find the specific details of my system. I have 2 IDE slot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds