Please help me fix my PC's sound issue - there's no sound at all...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ISMPlus, Jul 19, 2008.

1. ISMPlus

ISMPlus Private E-2

Hello MajorGeeks,

Firstly, I want to thank you for helping me to clean up my PC of all the Malware I had. The computer had so much EVIL stuff in it. I was able to do it all by following your instructions in the sticky threads. AWESOME!!

Now that I have removed all the malware, I don't have sound. It use to have sound when the viruses and malware was there, but ever since I did all the 'cleaning' procedures the sound never worked again. Can anyone help me fix this?

I already installed the Windows sound driver, but nothing's changed.

Many thanks for your help.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First, we need to know what version of Windows you're running. Second, we need to know what your audio controller is (Realtek, CMedia, ADI, Creative, etc). Third, we need to know what it shows in your device manager under 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers'. If you can provide this info along with the make and model of the PC, we can try to help.

.... and Welcome to Major Geeks! :wave :major

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds