HDTV Question about the breaking in 100 hours

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TrainHeartnet, Jul 20, 2008.

1. TrainHeartnet

TrainHeartnet Private E-2

Hello, first off im not sure if im posting on the right section or not, sorry if its in the wrong one.

The Question i had was , would it be ok to watch movies on a brand new lcd/plasma HDTV , during the 100 hours break in period, or is it best to stick to just tv broadcasting and stuff? the reason i ask is because i plan on buying a new HDTV tomorrow (thinking plasma, one of the newest models with anti-burn in features) which i will be using for gaming on xbox360/ps3 and to watch movies on.

I've read on some sites that its best to not game on the new hdtv till about its been broken in for about 100 hours, but was wondering if that applies to watching movies on it as well or just gaming. any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

ive never heard of this, where did you get your information from? :confused

3. TrainHeartnet

TrainHeartnet Private E-2

i read this online, was looking up lcd vs plasma info and checking how big of a threat "burn in" is on new plasma models, and in some topics i read it said to not play games until about 100 hours of normal usage which they referred to as "tv broadcasting" , so i wasnt sure if that meant i couldnt watch dvds / hd / blu ray movies as well during the break in process

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds