acer aspire t300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newbielee, Jul 23, 2008.

1. newbielee

newbielee Private E-2

a friend is having issues with an acer aspire t300 after a resent storm (Weather)
    it stopped working i have taken a look at it.it powers up but no video output. no beeps. on boot it will flash the "no signal input" on a phillips 107 i have had lying around for years or should i go get his monitor its lcd surely it would flash up bios i have tryed pluging in a old video card to the agp slot still not working any idea's please
    lee

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First thing to try is a 2nd monitor. If that doesn't provide any picture (and it probably won't) then the problem is either the motherboard or power supply. Just because the PC powers on and the fans spin doesn't necessarily mean the power supply is OK. And power supplies usually die before motherboards in the case of a power spike (due to lightning from a storm for example). So, swap out the power supply; take one from a working PC temporarily or buy a used one at the local used PC shop, should be under $15 or $20 max. If that doesn't work, and you've already tried another video card, I'd say the problem is the motherboard....

3. newbielee

newbielee Private E-2

thanks dlb i will try another power supply first and let you know how it get on

4. newbielee

newbielee Private E-2

i got my multi meter out and checked voltages from power supply
    orange 3.3v red 5.0v yellow 12.0v all these seem to be working
    its not looking good for the motherboard

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds