Can't find Bluetooth devices on laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jelove, Jul 24, 2008.

1. jelove

jelove Private E-2

I have Acer Aspire 5102WLMi laptop that I bought almost 2 years ago and it's supposed to come with a bluetooth. There's a switch in the front that's supposed to turn it on and off (I guess?). I've toggled it a couple of times a while ago and I remember seeing green words flash on the screen when I've done saying something along the lines of, Bluetooth on or something like that.

But now, it doesn't work. No words flash on the bottom of the screen like before and I try to find the bluetooth device settings that's supposedly under Control Panel. So I'm wondering if it's gone for good? Or is it somewhere and I just can't find it?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Enter the BIOS (as the screen boots up, usually you see something like press F2 to enter setup; yours might not be F2 so look closely at the screen and press that key).
    In the BIOS, look over everything to be sure that bluetooth is enabled. Even if you have a switch that turns it on and off, if it has been disabled in the BIOS, the toggle switch will do nothing.

If you have a manual, it might be on the CD that came with your laptop, look for information on bluetooth in the manual.

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Also have a look in "Device Manager" and see if there are any ! or ? present.

4. jelove

jelove Private E-2

^^ I've had a look at the BIOS and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to look for, but I couldn't find anything for the bluetooth.

^ I also looked in Device Manager and there wasn't anything there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds