King of the hill Intel/AMD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Den, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Den

Den Private First Class

Who currently has bragging rights as king of the hill Intel or Amd for the build it yourselfer.
    Thanks for any replies.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Depends on what you want. As far as raw power, Intel rules. But for a nice bargain gaming/internet rig, you can build an AMD one for CHEAP!

E

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I believe the latest AMD is a fair competitor to Intel, but yes for the last 6-12 months Intel has been ruling the roost and keeping the chickens on their perches. If you really want an Intel I would wait 2-3 weeks as I have read that Intel CPU prices are coming down:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...56-intel-slashes-core-2-processor-prices.html

And the link is from Intel themselves, so if a local supplier isn't passing the saving on "don't" shop there.

The Q6600 and the E8500 would both make nice builds.

4. Den

Den Private First Class

I am going to build another for myself this time for games. I'm in no hurry though. Just wondering who is best at the moment I know it will be different in a few weeks. Always is. Intel definitely is looking good for lowering there prices. Thanks for the info.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds