nv4_disp Display driver problem/BSOD =(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xxxicey, Jul 25, 2008.

1. xxxicey

xxxicey Private E-2

Hey all, well, Ive been having a problem with my video card...It keeps crashing my computer...Ive had this problem for a while, but couldnt find anything on the internet that really helped. Recently though, ive been getting the BSOD. It says all those letters and numbers for programmers, but it says that there was a problem with the nv4_disp display driver, which i know is my graphics card. It pops up with a variety of problems for it, none that i remember off hand...Now i only get these when i play games, Usually WoW. Ill be playing and A lot of the time, my computer will lock up for a solid 10-20 sec, it either does one of 2 things, it crashes the computer, meaning i have to restart the comp, or it will release it and i can play, but ill get a distortion like the pictures in the attachments. All i have to do though is either exit wow and restart it, or minimized and then maximize it again, and its gone. Now the BSOD is really annoying..Ill be doing something important and it just pops up, no locking up right away, it just pops up all of a sudden. Ive been having problems starting up my computer too, Like when i was typing this, well lets just say this is my 2nd time typing this..when i was loading the images, my computer just froze...waited for an hour...No luck... I have no idea Whats going on, im assuming its the drivers, so if ya could help, and help me fix it, I would like...love you :DDD Btw, i also tried adjusting hardware acceleration, its at disable cursor problems...Doesnt help though..still have them in games..(like lotr) Luckily though WoW has its own option to disable it, which fixes it for the game. Also, If its possible, do you think i could get a step by step guide on how to uninstall my video card, and how to reinstall my old onboard one? incase if this problem cant be fixed..=(

Thanks, i appreciate it! :DD

Specs (lemme know if you need anything else)

Windows xp media SP 2
    AMD anthlon 3200 (2.2ghz)
    1.25 gb ram
    DirectX 9.0c
    Nvidia GE Force 7600 GT (agp slot)

Attached Files:

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

First, update your video card drivers. If the problem persists, it is most likely that the card is overheating, or you PSU (power supply) is weak.

To eliminate heat as an issue, remove the side of the case and use a large house fan blowing into the case to cool it. If that solves the problem, then you need better airflow/cooling.

If that does not work, you need to check the PSU. I believe Everest will give a software reading of the voltage: http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

I prefer a digital multimeter. Good luck! Post back with any results you get.

E

3. xxxicey

xxxicey Private E-2

Hey, Def not a cooling issue, cuz ive tried that before, and i actually literally just had my computer shut down while playing WoW...Like it just went to a black screen for 3 sec, The green Monitor light switched to amber, and the computer restarted, and froze, restarted it again, came up with a BDOS, Restarted it again, got another BSOD saying somethin like this

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

And ill let ya know about my psu..i think its like 500 or something, but ill check

4. xxxicey

xxxicey Private E-2

Ok...I installed the drivers before i even posted on here, the link is http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html NOW im getting these BSODs saying stuff such as PFN_LIST_CORRUPT which is being caused because of the drivers i installed...Wth is going on? can someone plz enlighten me on what to do...My computers crashed so many times im about to throw it out a window..no more happy faces..

EDIT: I also got a BSOD that said my BIOS wasnt compliant..and yes i mean compliant...not compatible.. with something...idk..said to go to www.hardware-update.com which is some crappy website that has nothing on it of value...

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

6. xxxicey

xxxicey Private E-2

Nothins working...sigh...anyone else care to help? Ive had enough of this...I just wanna uninstall my new graphics card, and reinstall my onboard one, if that means not being able to play cod4, then so be it...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds