Moving info from usb flashdrive to burn to cd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BBCCarguy, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BBCCarguy

BBCCarguy Private First Class

Hi all I tend to think this is a software problem but didnt know for sure...... I tried to move some programs from my usb sandisk flashdrive to brun to cd and I got the windows error D:\ is not accessible Incorrect function. Now I know that everything works and the newest driver is in I have burnt dvd with this drive many times it is only when I go from usb to cd\dvd I tried this flash on the laptop and the move worked so does maybe roxio have some kind of lock I can un do from the drive or am I missing something else.?? thanks for any help!

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Hmmm I would avoid Roxio imho, it used to be very specific when I was at Uni studying and if you burnt something with it the receiving machine also "had" to have Roxio installed otherwise you couldn't get the data, I ended up really hating that program (this was 3-4 years ago so hopefully it has changed and does not try to enforce consumerism of a product).

Have you tried copying the files to desktop firstly and then burning them?

3. BBCCarguy

BBCCarguy Private First Class

Thanks for the reply Bold Eagle, Well I myself not to fond of roxio but right now It is the only thing I found (free) that helps in burning movies within a 15 min. time frame and not be corrupted when done, some as fast as 9 min. I know the rig has some what to do with it. But what I cant figure out is the desk top and my notebook has all the same programing so why did the notebook do it and not the desk top? And I dont know how to move about the computer to figure out if a program has blocked it out or if it is something else.thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds