Boot Problems with E-Machines T3104

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by h_chew_o, Jul 26, 2008.

1. h_chew_o

h_chew_o Private E-2

Ok a few weeks ago when i booted up my machine, Windows never started, all I got was the black screen and a message that said "Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk" Ok nothing out of the ordinary had be performed on the computer. There was a blank CD-R in the drive but I highly doubt that had anything to do with it.

Well I went into the BIOs and changed the machine to boot from Hard drive first and then the CD Rom Drive and the machine booted into Windows just fine. Then a couple days later I booted up the computer to install a couple of games and the computer froze on the Windows load screen, I turned it off and back on and it booted fine.

Well a few more days and computer was turned on again and worked like normal, then the next morning the Same "Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk" error happened again, so then I tried changing the computer to boot from the CD Rom first and still would not start, then went back to the Hard drive first and nothing. When i was in the Bios I noticed that the CD-Rom and Hard drives were not showing up as installed on the Bios Screen.

I thought I would check out the inside of the machien to make sure there were no loose cables, they were all on, but I thought I would try something else. So I took out the little jumper plug on the HD that designates if it is the Master or Slave drive. I went into the Bios and both the CD Rom and HD were showing up as installed now, only the HD was designated as slave, but it was working so I left it. The CD Rom and HD are on different connectors, they do not share the same "Ribbon" Connector. I saved and quit and started up the Computer and it booted up to Windows normally and was working like normal.
    The computer was off for almost a week and then booted back up again and it has been working fine for a couple days now no problems.

I asked some people about this before and they said it sounds like what I did will probably only be a temporary fix, and eventually the HD, Power supply or even motherboard could go bad. Do you know of anything like this that spells certain doom for the computer or parts of it. I just want to make sure the comp needs to be replaced before i replace it. So any help is appreciated.

2. h_chew_o

h_chew_o Private E-2

Can anyone help me?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds