MP3 Players Won't Connect To PC Via USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zacota, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Zacota

Zacota Private E-2

I have 2 different MP3 Players, a Creative Zen & A Sony Walkman & had no problems with connecting up to my computer via a USB Cable at first.

I have since had problems with the PC not recognising them at all, I get the connection sound when the devices are connected but it sounds about 3 times in quick succession (the devices turn on but don't connect).

Both players show up in my Portable Devices in Device Manager (as a Standard MTP) but with an exclamation mark.

I can reset the MP3 devices & Format them to re-work a while, but the problem soon returns.

Is there a piece of software out there to aid this problem, or is it a matter of keep on formating??

I am using XP (SP2)

Can Anyone Help It's Driving Me Mad :confused

2. Kylethedarkn

Kylethedarkn Private E-2

I also have a Creative Zen. That has happened to me and the problem was the Usb to miniusb cable I was using was bad. I would try using a different cable, and if that doesn't work, a different usb jack.

Also you have to have the software installed for it to recognize it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds